And it Begins…!

(Photo by Carsten Stalljohann)

Once upon a time in a cliché filled world, I had been living like Rupunzel in her tower. ( Not really. If you go by Tangled, Rupunzel was way too productive. I- not so much.) Every morning, I woke up to a bright new day; wondering, when will my life begin?

No miracle or adventurous rescue took place. It mostly does not. Life isn’t a fairy tale.

Being a dreamer, I made big plans at the beginning of every year. I read self-help books,& watched inspirational videos. I downloaded multiple organization apps. I colour-coded my journal.I planned my life in every way possible under the sun.

And then I waited. I waited for the tools to be right. I waited for the perfect situation. I waited for the first of a new month, a Monday…or a fresh morning.

Don’t wait. The time will never be right.

Mark Twain

And one noisy hot afternoon…my fairy godmother came to me in form of Francis Gradient
And just as Cinderella’s life had a thrilling twist due to her new shoes…my life took an exciting turn due to this blog. Cinderella
went to the ball…and I dragged my lazy self to actually write something instead of simply thinking about writing.

But I was wondering, does this happen with you as well?

It doesn’t always have to be laziness. Sometimes I am scared-scared that if I take action and fail…this dream, this slow warm glow in my heart, this fantasy that I so fondly cling to, will be gone forever.

Does this happen to you? Does losing hope scares you too?

Do you want to become a billionaire? Do you want to talk to that cute girl in your class? Do you want to audition for the lead role? Do you want to visit Europe?
What’s your big dream? Losing which fantasy scares you?

You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come out of it.

-Benjamin Mee

To call it a day, life isn’t a fairy tale, but we can improvise from time to time! (I am posting this in my 20 seconds of insane courage.)

Do share your dreams, or stories of 20 seconds of insane courage in the comments. I would love to hear them! Adios! Happy Reading!

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

17 Comments

1. Hitesh 16th February 2018 at 6:04 pm

This was really so relatable to my dreams which i just think and dont have courage to take it up.I love drawing and colouring ,but i am scared that this i cant take it as professionally as it is to late to go for it and same thought come to me,what if i fail fulfilling my dreams?
    So what i did was instead of thinking of taking that as job or anything else ,i started to draw for my own happiness .I got chance to participate in Youth-fest,so there comes 20 seconds courage ,which i took it,and i took part in it.Most happiest moment, i was runner up (not 1st,but i was so much happy) and i felt like i have that power in pursuing my dreams.
    I have a belief that life isnt a fairy tale ,we have to sacrifice and adjust a lot.But what i say,sacrifice all but not your precious dreams because that is what daily driving you to move ahead in your life.

Di,I loved reading your blog😁😁😁😁

1. Pallavi D. Patel 17th February 2018 at 1:21 am

I am glad you could relate and that your 20 seconds courage brought you so much joy!😇

2. Francis 17th February 2018 at 4:28 am

It was early in the morning when I read your post, I was like, “What an Amazing write-up!”. I liked the references you took from the Fairy-tales & relating them to yourself, it gave me a clear flow of imagination to picturish your post. Questioning your readers and appealing them to comment makes a perfect way of interaction. That’s how a blogger should be. Sorry its more like a review than my ans to your questions, I spaced out a bit….! Here are your answers.

Yup magical moments happen with me too, its more like mere luck, like a phenomenal occurrence also know as ‘Butterfly Effect’, which includes our efforts too.

Yes, losing hope often scares me. But I eventually find a way, an alternative or so to ignite the light of hope in a furious storm.

My Biggest Dream…….! I have many dreams to fulfill like exploring the whole world, discovering things, achieving a better life, etc. So mu biggest dream is to fulfill all the dreams before I die.

I never liked to take risks but there are some situations where I unconsciously act upon and throw myself to it, with which i can relate the 20 secs of courage.

I really dont know what I am writing, and ya thank you for that mention, i don’t deserve it but still thank-you. Your First post was awesome.

1. Pallavi D. Patel 17th February 2018 at 4:39 am

Oh thanks for everything! ☺ I am grateful for every single word you wrote!

3. Avinash biswal 17th February 2018 at 5:16 am

You have done something different writing your thoughts with all ups and downs which connects each youth’s life. Fear of losing hope is the most fearful thing i have ever faced yet that stops me from moving forward and I really like the composition of words and quotation.”overall great work”. Send me all your work.

1. Pallavi D. Patel 17th February 2018 at 5:20 am

I will put it up here.:) Thanks.😇

4. Saurav 18th February 2018 at 8:18 pm

Its empty out here though your one post makes me wait for others. Miss. Pallavi, when can we expect more of your writings.

1. Pallavi D. Patel 18th February 2018 at 8:25 pm

I hope to fill it soon.☺

1. Saurav 18th February 2018 at 10:35 pm

I am waiting. ????????????

5. Arif Khan 17th March 2018 at 8:36 pm

Your first post is simply amazing ???? i can see how much love all the people gave you????????

1. Pallavi D. Patel 1st April 2018 at 10:51 am

Thanks Arif.😊

6. Lee Bailey 8th June 2018 at 7:44 pm

I often search for blogs like yours to solve my daily issues. I prefer blogs and books to tackle such situations. Mine miracle of today was your post ‘On Taking SMALL Risks’. Have a Good Day Mate.

1. Pallavi D. Patel 18th June 2018 at 7:53 pm

Hey Lee! I am really glad that you liked that post! Grateful!🙂

7. Parimal Bakrola 29th July 2018 at 1:25 pm

You had me at “Do you have a dream so precious, so important that you would avoid taking actions for it as long as you can?”
    Miss Pearl i think you can read minds or may be All of us are not as extra ordinary as we would like to think we are. May be these Fears of loosing our dreams haunt all of us.
    This post gave a great message, We wont get any closer to achieving our dreams just by thinking about doing something , it will happen when we will actually start doing something about it.

PS: You also had me at “Do you want to talk to that cute girl in your class?”.. i do

8. Rajesh 11th September 2018 at 7:05 am

Thankyou for such an amazing and inspirational post. 😊

1. Pallavi D. Patel 16th September 2018 at 1:57 pm

I am pleased to know that you found it inspiring. Thankful.😃